Last updated on January 4th, 2023 at 12:35 am
Furuno GP1871F is a new-generation Chartplotter and sounder designed for serious saltwater fishing. It’s packed with powerful features including a built-in Fish Finder, GPS, and chart plotting. The Furuno GP1871F is also Networkable, so you can share data with other Furuno devices on your boat.
The built-in Fish Finder uses CHIRP technology to give you a clear picture of what’s beneath your boat. The GPS receiver provides accurate position information, while the Chartplotter lets you see your position on the chart.
The Furuno GP1871F is a great choice for serious saltwater fishing. It has all the features you need to find fish and navigate your way back to shore.
Furuno GP1871F Fish Finder
Features and Specs:
- Exclusive ETR6/10 World Base Map.
- Built-in 50-channel WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS receiver for precise positioning.
- DFF1 Sounder Module is compatible with fishfinding capabilities.
- Integrated ARP (Automatic Radar Plotting) system – Can track up to 10 targets.
- AIS (Automatic Identification System) targets can be overlaid on the radar display.
- Large, bright 18.5″ diagonal sunlight-viewable TFT LCD with LED backlighting.
- IPX6/7 waterproof and dustproof.
- 12/24 VDC external power source.
- Built-in SD memory card slot for storing waypoints, tracks, and user data.
Wireless Radar Connectivity:
The GP1871F can connect to Furuno’s DRS4W 1st Watch Wireless Radar System. This allows you to view radar images on your fishfinder, without having to run any cables. The DRS4W system has a range of up to 100 nautical miles, so you’ll be able to see storms and other objects far in the distance.
Built-In CHIRP Sonar:
The GP1871F comes with Furuno’s exclusive FDF (Furuno Digital Filter) sonar technology. This allows the unit to produce extremely clear and detailed sonar images. The sonar images are also displayed in full color, so you can easily identify different types of fish.
The GP1871F features a multi-touch interface, which makes it easy to control all of the unit’s functions. You can simply use your fingers to zoom in and out, change the display settings, and more. The interface is also designed to be intuitive and easiest to use, so you’ll be able to get the hang of it in no time.
- Reliable and most accurate fishfinder.
- Has a lot of features that other fishfinders don’t have, making it very versatile.
- User-friendly and easy to use.
- It’s very affordable, making it a great choice for budget-minded anglers.The GP1871F’s
- the transducer is very durable and can withstand a lot of abuse.
- No battery included.
The GP1871F is one of the most popular Furuno fish finders from the brand. It is known for its large color LCD and its ability to find fish in both shallow and deep water. It is also very easy to install and use.
There are many different transducers that you can use with the Furuno gp1871f. Some of the best transducers for this fish finder include the Furuno TM150M Medium-Frequency Chirp Transducer, Furuno 525T-BSD Bronze Thru-Hull Transducer, and the Furuno BRZ TH Transducer.
Overall, Furuno’s GP1871F is a top-of-the-line color GPS/Chartplotter that offers Furuno’s exclusive ETR6/10 World Base Map, which is pre-loaded with information on over 30,000 ports, harbors, and coastal features worldwide.
The GP1871F also has a built-in 50-channel WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS receiver for precise positioning and is compatible with Furuno’s DFF1 Sounder Module for fishfinding capabilities.
In addition, the GP1871F is equipped with an integrated ARP (Automatic Radar Plotting) system that can track up to 10 targets and can overlay AIS (Automatic Identification System) targets on the radar display.
The GP1871F features a large, bright 7″ diagonal sunlight-viewable TFT LCD with LED backlighting, and is IPX6/7 waterproof and dustproof. The unit is powered by a 12/24 VDC external power source and includes a built-in SD memory card slot for storing waypoints, tracks, and user data.
Video Review With the Water Test
Transducer Installation Guide:
The installation process for the Furuno GP1871F is very simple.
- First, you need to mount the transducer onto the hull of your boat.
- Next, you need to connect the power cable to the fish finder.
- Finally, you need to connect the transducer cable to the fish finder.
Once you have installed the Furuno gp1871f, you will be able to see fish as deep as 2,000 feet below your boat. You will also be able to see the bottom structure and contours of the water bottom.
- Best Fish Finder Under $100
- Best Fish Finder Under $200
- Best Fish Finders Under $400
- Best Fish Finder Under $500
- Best Marine GPS And Depth Finder
- Best Fish Finder Under $1500
- Best Fishfinder GPS Combo Under $2000
What is Furuno GP1871F?
Furuno GP1871F is a fish-finding device that uses sonar technology to detect and track schools of fish. It is designed for both recreational and commercial fishermen.
How does Furuno GP1871F Fishfinder work?
Furuno GP1871F Fishfinder uses a transducer to emit sound waves into the water. The sound waves bounce off of objects in the water and are then detected by the transducer. The information is then displayed on the unit’s screen, which shows the location, depth, and size of the objects.
What are the benefits of using Furuno GP1871F?
Furuno GP1871F Fishfinder is an effective tool for locating schools of fish. It can also be used to track the movement of fish, which can be helpful for commercial fishermen.
What are the drawbacks of Furuno GP1871F?
Furuno GP1871F Fishfinder is a relatively expensive piece of equipment. It also requires a battery, which must be purchased separately.
The Furuno GP1871F is a great fish finder GPS combo under $1,000 for those who want to find fish in all types of water conditions. It has a large color screen that is easy to read, even in direct sunlight. The transducer is easy to install and the unit comes with a detailed instruction manual. The only downside to this unit is that it’s not come with a battery, which means you have to buy it separately.